As an employee of the Guelph Curling Club reporting to the General Manager the Head Ice Technician has prime responsibility for the quality of the curling ice at this facility. The Head Ice Technician will perform all technical duties that result in achieving, maintaining and improving the quality of curling ice on the club’s eight sheet sand-based curling facility.
The Guelph Curling Club currently offers ice 8 months of the year (September to April). The Head Ice Technician will ensure that the ice operations provide members and guests a consistent, quality ice surface on which to play and that these operations are conducted efficiently and effectively with regards to the use of equipment and maintenance staff.
The Head Ice Technician position requires flexibility regarding evening and weekend coverage to ensure the ice quality is maintained.
Required Experience / Skills
Level 2 Ice Technician or minimum 5 years related experience.
- complete installation and removal of ice surface,
- all ice preparation and maintenance prior to league play and rentals,
- day to day ice facility maintenance/operations and maintain general cleanliness of ice facility area
- report directly to General Manager and consult with General Manager on hires for ice maintenance staff
- safe and efficient operation of the ice plant, environmental conditioning equipment, and accessories 24 hours per day,
- long term monitoring and planning for ice facility equipment,
- monthly meeting/reporting to General Manager or as necessary to report maintenance or equipment issues,
- maintenance and conditioning of the rocks,
- assignment and management of the club provided labour resources for ice installation, preparation, maintenance, removal and miscellaneous facility repairs.
Compensation is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Apply in writing by April 15, 2018. Please provide a cover letter and resumé to:
Guelph Curling Club – Attention: Kathy Brown