Start Date: 26/10/2020
Welcome to the 2020-21 Sunday Open Doubles (10 am) and 55+ Exclusive Doubles (1 pm) Leagues season!
You’ll have the option to join for the full season or part of the season (October – mid. January or mid. January – April). The leagues are open to all skill levels and any gender combination pair. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Games are 8 ends, with a draw to the button to resolve a tie.
- For doubles game rules, refer to: https://www.curling.ca/2016mixeddoubles/about-mixed-doubles-curling/ with exception to the gender specifications – any combination of men, women or other are welcome.
- PowerPlays, one for each team, per Doubles rules of play.
- Sweeping your own stone is strongly discouraged; however, individuals may elect to do so at their own discretion.
- Guard positions will be marked on the ice by organizers prior to each game.
- Round Robin format with playoffs to determine the league winner. This includes part time, full time and occasional participants.
- League may feature partner swap nights between round robins for variety.
- Points will be awarded for wins (5 points) and loss (2 points) and all type of participants may collect points for seeding in playoffs.
- Games start at 10 am or 1 pm sharp and no end may begin after 11:30 am or 2:30 pm respectively. We encourage participants to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to game start.
- If unable to attend, teams are responsible for making arrangements for spares or infill by occasional players. Cancellations are strongly discouraged as it limits the participation of your opponent.
- Please record your result.