Welcome to the 2019-20 Sunday Open Doubles League season! This year the league plays at 10 a.m. sharp!
You’ll have the option to join for part of the season (October – December or January – April), for the full season or as an occasional drop-in. The league is open to all skill levels and any gender combination pair. Recognizing it can be difficult to come out every week, we’ll be developing a list of occasional “stand-by” participants. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Games are 8 ends, with a draw to the button to resolve a tie.
- For doubles game rules, refer to: https://www.curling.ca/2016mixeddoubles/about-mixed-doubles-curling/ with exception to the gender specifications – any combination of men, women or other are welcome.
- PowerPlays, one for each team, per Doubles rules of play.
- Sweeping your own stone is strongly discouraged; however, individuals may elect to do so at their own discretion.
- Guard positions will be marked on the ice by organizers prior to each game.
- Round Robin format with playoffs to determine the league winner. This includes part time, full time and occasional participants.
- League may feature partner swap nights between round robins for variety.
- Points will be awarded for wins (5 points) and loss (2 points) and all type of participants may collect points for seeding in playoffs.
- Games start at 10:00 a.m. sharp and no end may begin after 11:30 a.m. We encourage participants to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to game start.
- If unable to attend, teams are responsible for making arrangements for spares or infill by occasional players. Cancellations are strongly discouraged as it limits the participation of your opponent.
- Please record your result.