Welcome to the 2021-22 Sunday Open Doubles League!
Start date is still to be determined. Guelph Curling Club has other event commitments to be confirmed. League will likely start late October or early November.
The leagues are open to all skill levels and any gender combination pair. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Games are 8 ends, with a draw to the button to resolve a tie.
- For doubles game rules, refer to: https://www.curling.ca/2016mixeddoubles/about-mixed-doubles-curling/ with exception to the gender specifications – any combination of men, women or other are welcome.
- PowerPlays, one for each team, per Doubles rules of play.
- Sweeping your own stone is strongly discouraged; however, individuals may elect to do so at their own discretion.
- Guard positions will be marked on the ice by organizers prior to each game.
- Round Robin format with playoffs to determine the league winner.
- League may feature partner swap nights between round robins for variety.
- Points will be awarded for wins (5 points) and loss (2 points) and all type of participants may collect points for seeding in playoffs.
- Games start at 10 am and no end may begin after 11:30 am. We encourage participants to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to game start.
- If unable to attend, teams are responsible for making arrangements for spares or infill by occasional players. Cancellations are strongly discouraged as it limits the participation of your opponent.
- Please record your result.