League Play begins the end of September (or as indicated by your League Coordinator).
Office Hours Monday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm. Call 519-822-6171 is those hours are not convenient for your purposes. For Registration Payment, e-transfer to email@example.com is preferred or call in credit card #.
Returning Members register by August 31, 2021 to guarantee registration in league(s) of choice. Payment arrangements must be made by August 31, 2021.
Returning Members and New Members registering after August 31, 2021 will be filled on a first registered, first served basis. Payment arrangements must be made immediately after registering.
Refund Policy (due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Upon payment (Aug. 31) 45% of the membership fee and locker rental fee becomes non-refundable in order to finance the start up costs of the season.
- Refunds will then be provided for the number of weeks of unavailable curling out of the total number of weeks in the 2020-2021 curling season (approx. 28 weeks). Refunds will be offered until such time as the amount to be refunded no longer exceeds $50.
- Capital fee payment ($40) will not be subject to a refund.
The refund will be calculated as:
Refund* = (weeks unavailable/# of weeks in curling season) x total membership fee and locker rental fee paid.
*To a maximum of 55% of Total Membership Fee Paid.
For “Team Play” Leagues, all members of the team must register to guarantee spot in league(s). Important! Ensure all team members are registering using the same skip name. If you are looking for a team, indicate as ‘need a team’ and put any returning teammates in ‘Skip Name’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org with information.
All efforts are made to ensure leagues are not oversubscribed, however, occasionally games may be required on alternate dates when empty sheets are available. League Coordinators will make all efforts to accommodate teams asked to play at alternate times
Fees (incl. HST)
Adult Unlimited (age 19 to 64): $734.64
Adult Unlimited (age 65+): $718.13
Once a Week: $546.83
Once a Week (Wed 8:30 pm/Thur Night Only): $501.57
Student Unlimited (ID Card required): $304.80
Youth (age 6 to 18 – High School & Youth League): $129.32
Adult Learn to Curl (8 weeks): $297.26
Adult Learn to Curl 2.0 (8 weeks): $175.00
Doubles Only: $113.00 (This fee is not paid if you are registered in ANY other league)
OCA Competitions Only: $120.00
Non-Curling Member: $200.00
Membership payments can be made:
- In full preferably by e-transfer or debit. Visa, MasterCard accepted (credit cards cost your club unnecessary additional fees). Cash or cheque also accepted although we encourage contactless methods of payment.
- If you are using e-transfer please send payment to email@example.com. Please also separately email, or call the office, with the security answer.
- In equal monthly payments starting upon registration until April 2022 with Visa or MasterCard (one-time $15 admin. fee charged)
- In 3 post-dated cheques (Aug. 31, Sept. 30 and Oct. 31)
Non-Curling Member Fee
As a member, you may not be in a position to participate in leagues this season. A Non-Curling Member Fee of $200 has no curling privileges, but you will receive communications from Guelph Curling Club and support the on-going operational costs. You can sign up by filling in the form below and indicate Non-Curling Member in membership type.
Definition of Fees
HALF SEASON—1st half season memberships (Oct. to mid-Jan.) are available for 50% of listed fees. 2nd half season memberships (mid-Jan. to Apr.) will be available if space permits.
SHAREHOLDER OF GUELPH CURLING CLUB LTD.—All members, age 25 or older, must purchase a one-time share ($50) after 2 years curled at the Guelph Curling Club. Members leaving the club may have their share returned ($45) or transferred upon written notice to the club.
ADMINISTRATION FEE—A member will be charged $20 for any N.S.F. cheque.
OCA MEMBERSHIP FEE—The GCC is a member of the Ontario Curling Association and Curling Canada. This fee is included in the base fee.
LOCKER & LOCK—Lockers can be obtained at the office for a fee of $26.55 (+ HST). Locks are provided by the club. Lockers must be emptied on the last day of the season.
SPARING/JITNEY/DROP IN—Members may spare at no charge. Non-members are required to pay $22 (including HST) per game for sparing/jitney/drop-in. These fees can be paid at the club office or at the bar. It is the responsibility of the team requesting a spare to ensure the sparing fee (if required) is paid by either the spare or the team.
PRACTICE ICE—Practice Ice availability is posted on www.curl.ca. Members may practice at no cost, however, must book practice ice with the office. Non-Members pay a Practice Fee of $20/person for 1 hour or $30/person for 2 hrs. This fee can be paid at the office or at the bar.